[Wine] Access Printer port pin by dll

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Sun May 10 23:04:34 CDT 2009

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 03:56, leoyu1112 <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Hi there,
> Does anyone have the experience of access/control each pins of printer port by calling 3rd party dll file? It works well on windows XP/2000 O.S. but seems have no function under wine (I installed 1.0.1)
If it wqorks by using direct IN and OUT commands, you would need to
run an iopl / ioperm call beforehand. This probably requires root
access, and usising direct hardware I/O without a driver in a
multi-user operating system is a bad idea....

Some man pages:

The least risky way is probably a wrapper that gets port permissions
as root, drops its root permissions, and executes Wine with the

The second part of this page explains how to get a Linux application
to do Direct I/O.