[Wine] alsa not available in winecfg under karmic?

Evil Jay wine at eternaldusk.com
Mon May 11 07:18:49 CDT 2009

Works fine here.  I upgraded to Karmic a couple of days ago and Alsa
works fine (and is available in Winecfg).

I suspect that you did the dist-upgrade at a point where not all
packages were available, and accidentally removed something.  I know
that when I upgraded I had to manually pick some packages because it
would have removed half of KDE (the required packages were uploaded to
the repos the following day).

Karmic doesn't even reach Alpha1 until the 14th, so I wouldn't recommend
anyone playing with it at this point unless they really know what you're
doing and don't mind the occasional breakage.

-J