[Wine] Start two wine instances for two users

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Fri May 15 11:22:45 CDT 2009

Jefrie:

I know what you are trying to do.

First, check if the DISPLAY environment variable is set.  This is the number one cause of the error you received.

Second, are you attempting to send X output to the same desktop as user1?  I don't know if that is possible.  You might want to talk to the folks at X.org to see if this is possible.

Third, user2 should have their own screen space when you switch.

Fourth, you might want to try using a different WINEPREFIX for the second app and starting it in its own wine process:

WINEPREFIX=$HOME/some_other_wine_installation wine program.exe

This should start a second wine process set.

James McKenzie