[Wine] err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection on Mac OS X 10.5.7

Ishikawakun wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu May 21 02:27:46 CDT 2009

I just compiled wine for Mac OS X  10.5.7 (2Ghz 1GB Ram old 13" MacBook) with Xquartz 2.3.3.2

I have OpenGL running just fine, after ./configure --x-includes=/usr/X11/include and running wine with LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/X11/lib

I'm trying to get Thief: The Dark Project to run properly now, in Window Mode it works fine, beside that i can't see the options or missions screen after being ingame and pressing <ESC> or <M> the back switching though works.

The real Problem is that after a while i get such a message:
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x69e008 "?" wait timed out in thread 0009, blocked by 001b, retrying (60 sec)
and the Program just freezes.

Now i've found mentions in the appdb that this is a multiprocessor problem and can be fixed by using schedtool under linux. My Question now, can i do something on Mac OS X, like e.g. compiling wine to only use one Core or some tool to schedule similiary under OS X?

Thanks in advance guys.