[Wine] Re: err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection on Mac OS X 10.5.7

Ishikawakun wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu May 21 12:38:40 CDT 2009

> Which compliation did you use? MacPorts, Fink, Mike Kronenberg or another.

I compiled it myself just used the actual git with "./configure --x-includes=/usr/X11/include --prefix=/usr/local --without-xml"
msxml gave me errors when i tried compiling with it.

Yeah you can download it from http://www.thief-thecircle.com/media/demos/

> Quote:
> Now i've found mentions in the appdb that this is a multiprocessor problem and can be fixed by
> using schedtool under linux. My Question now, can i do something on Mac OS X, like e.g. compiling
> wine to only use one Core or some tool to schedule similiary under OS X?
>
> This was fixed in Wine as well. I'm doubting that there is a multiprocessor problem, but it is possible. I know of no tool that does this for MacOSX.

Actually i found one, through a thread in the Codeweavers forum.
/Library/Application Support/HWPrefs/CPUPalette.app
It should be part of the Apple Developer Tools, with it i can deactivate one of the cores and Thief runs perfectly now.
Thread can be found here: http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=55;forum=1;msg=37309

Well i'm off playing, but thank you for your effort.