[Wine] Re: Call for volunteers

fcmartins wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat May 23 02:26:49 CDT 2009

austin987 wrote:
> Sure, that'd be great, but that also takes a lot of manpower :-).

I understand, but it is an investment that could pay off to test applications at each wine release. But I didn't had in mind a full installer like PlayOnLinux. Rather, I would go to a bug report, press a button and:
- if it is an installer, download it (from bugzilla or so for reliability), create a new prefix, create a launcher;
- if the bug happens at run-time, then a configured installation with wineprefix is downloaded to my system, and sets up a launcher. Yes requires a lot of bandwith from Wine (or from someone else), and someone has to put the installation there.

Coincidentally, that's sort of what my Summer of Code project is
about, so give it a couple months and it'll be semi there.
I went to check back your post and I'm wondering what you mean actually by "test
graphical applications": can you give a brief idea on how this is done, ie, how to test graphical output?