[Wine] Registry setting question...

James Huk huk256 at gmail.com
Mon May 25 01:13:25 CDT 2009

2009/5/25 vitamin <wineforum-user at winehq.org>

> James Huk wrote:
> > Is there a way to set registry key?
>
> Ever heard of regedit? Wine has one too.
>

> James Huk wrote:
> > For DIB engine we can export WINEDIB=ON or edit registry, is this the
> > case with other registry keys as well?
>
> Environment variables and registry has nothing to do with each other. What
> "other registry keys" are you talking about? If it's registry, obviously
> it's not an environment variable.
>

> Heh yes I know what regedit is :) however... problem is how to call it from
within my application to change something. Yes I know I can simply create
appropriate .reg file for all Wine/Direct3D Wine/DirectImput and so on and
change those files “on the fly” and then “regedit regfilename.reg”, but this
would require to have those files as templates and.... well this doesn't
look very nice ;] that's why I'm asking this question

With DIB we can either export WINEDIB or regedit HKCU/Software/Wine/DIB
Engine/Enable = Y, I thought this is also the case for those:
http://wiki.winehq.org/UsefulRegistryKeys)...

As stated before, I'm writing wine management program, I want to implement
most of “UsefulRegistryKeys” as optional settings for each application, so
there is no other way then to manipulate either user.reg or use regedit?

BTW.

One more quick question... maybe someone know, can I put native Windows
dll's on my site for download? Is it legal?

Thanks again.