[Wine] Re: "insert JDK path on Wine" = huh?

KenJackson wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat May 30 07:13:22 CDT 2009

You could run regedit (yes, even from a Linux Bash shell) and drill down to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> System -> CurrentControlSet -> Control -> Session Manager -> Environment
and modify the PATH there.

But whenever I install or upgrade wine, I have a script I run to make sure it's got my favorite stuff configured right.  This is one item taken from that script:

# Modify the registry
cd ~/.wine
cat >$REGFILE <<'EOF'

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion]

regedit $REGFILE  ||  echo "WARNING: regedit returned $?"
rm -f $REGFILE

This is another, more direct way to modify the registry.  But it depends on knowledge of the way Wine stores the registry, so it's less robust:

# Use of sed: sed '/^pattern/s/old/new/'
# Add c:\bin to the front of the path (save a backup with ".orig" added)
sed -i.orig '/^"PATH"="c:..windows/s/"="/"="c:\\\\bin;/' system.reg