[Wine] Re: Can't get Band-in-a-Box to run

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Nov 1 17:49:45 CST 2009

Radissthor wrote:
> I don't know how to check if Native Linux applications are recieving sound or if I have disabled pulse audio. Could you explain how is this done?
>
> I was checking alsamixer and I turned on some con volume controls. I was able to record my instrument using the 'sound recorder' application...

Sound recorder is a native Linux app, so if that's working, we know your hardware works in Linux.

As for disabling pulseaudio, there's a howto in the sticky at the top of the forum. I really can't help you more than that, as I don't use Ubuntu, and I don't have pulseaudio installed. I can tell you from reading posts regularly that it is the cause of many sound problems in Wine (and lots of other apps, too).