[Wine] Re: Network Share mounted but still unavailable

fachamix wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Nov 2 16:59:13 CST 2009

1) first of all, move to the LAST version of WINE.

2) the remote resource in the winXP that you see in Ubuntu is under a HIDE DIRECTORY (the ones that there names start with "." , like .wine ) thats why you cannot see it, I dont remember the exacte name of the directory.

3) what you should do is:

*create a dir call remote like this: sudo mkdir /mnt/remote
* mount the remote resource in the dir we just created:
 sudo mount -t smbfs //IP/resource_name /mnt/remote
if you have user and password for it use
 sudo mount -t smbfs //IP/resource_name /mnt/remote -o user=username,password=password

*then you can add a drive in wine selectiong the /mnt/remote folder in YOUR filesystem thats pointing to remote resource