[Wine] e-Sword and the Applications Database

James E. Lang jim at lang.hm
Mon Nov 2 22:40:41 CST 2009

--On Monday, November 02, 2009 08:47:00 PM -0700 James McKenzie
<jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net> wrote to me off list (trimmed drastically):

> James E. Lang wrote:
>> --On Monday, November 02, 2009 05:07:23 PM -0600 warkering
>> <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>>
> What version of e-Sword?
>
> If it is 9.5 or higher, can you update the e-Sword entry in the
> Applications Database?

As I once before stated, e-Sword v9.5.1 with Wine 1.1.19. Looking at the
Applications Database I'm not sure what to enter where. I might add that I am
not sure what I can do to try a newer version of Wine without losing the
capability to revert to 1.1.19 should the newer version be broken. In
registering for the Application Database it looks like v1.1.19 is no longer of
interest to anyone in the project.

Application e-Sword functions in terms of the free Bible texts without a hitch.
I have not tried any purchased texts. The graphics viewer does not work with
Wine 1.1.19 displaying only blank window panes.

> Thank you.
>
> James McKenzie

You are welcome James. I apologize if you are not the individual I've
communicated with before who's e-mail server uses the dreaded
challenge/response method to avoid spam. I positively do not play that game so
this post is on list to avoid that roadblock to meaningful dialog.

--
Jim