[Wine] Keyboard Issue

signseeker wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Nov 3 09:01:04 CST 2009

Hi,

am attempting to run Star Wars Galaxies (my masochism knows no bounds) on wine 1.0.1.

I have the game installed, and it loads/updates etc without any issues.

However, the keys for moving such as w,a,s,d etc are causing me some grief.

When I press and hold a key (to keep moving in a particular direction) my toon stops moving after 4-5 steps, and stutters a little. It will move again if I let go and push the key again, but it means the game is pretty much unplayable.

Am wondering if this is an issue with the typematic rate or something like that, but am not sure where the settings reside (so I can play with them until it's fixed (or broken completely))

Any advice would be appreciated.