[Wine] Re: Lag everytime

DaVince wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Nov 3 09:50:16 CST 2009

warkering wrote:
> I installed it with the method on the website, and also installed the Wine Microsoft Compatibility Layer, on the Add/Remove program of Ubuntu.

So in other words, you tried installing it twice? I can't imagine that possible... Trying to install using add/remove either did nothing or replaced your latest Wine back with 1.0.1. Type wine --version in a console, what does it say?

I found that Wine will work slowly on only the first application you open because it basically "boots" at that point and has to load everything. After that, other applications you open should run fine. You might not have enough RAM available to keep the important bits of Wine in RAM after closing all Wine apps (to start Windows apps quickly afterwards), what are your system specs?

Also try htop to see what's taking up all your CPU (this is likely what's making the mouse slow). If it really is Wine, then I have no idea how to help you further.