[Wine] Re: USB connection problem, home made code

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Nov 3 10:47:11 CST 2009

Rorke wrote:
> Thankyou for your help, unfortunately I'd already tried that and got errors.
> I've looked more closely and run
>
> wget http://winezeug.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/install-wine-deps.sh
> ./configure --enable-win64
> which gave:
> configure: error: no suitable flex found. Please install the 'flex' package.
>
> so I'm still unable to correctly compile. What's a 'flex' package?

First of all, why are you trying to build 64 bit Wine? It won't actually run anything at this point. I suspect what you really want is to build 32 bit Wine on a 64 bit system, in which case you should be following the instructions here: http://wiki.winehq.org/WineOn64bit

As for "flex," it's a dependency that needs to be installed. You should find it in your distro's repository. That goes for any other package that configure complains about.