[Wine] Windows API calls to ODBC manager are not functional in Wine

supratik_sekhar wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Nov 4 06:54:16 CST 2009

Hi,

I have configured Wine in Ubuntu 9.04 to use the built-in odbc32.dll which in turn uses the Linux's unixodbc package. When I am trying to run my windows application which actually uses Windows API to ODBC manager is not working. If I create a system DSN my application is able to list. But I am trying to crate a DSN using the Windows API calls it fails.

Since wine is clone to Windows API any application using that API should run also in Wine. Please let me know if wine windows API has any issues with  unixODBC. Please advise how should I proceed here.

Warm Regards

Supratik