[Wine] Re: Storyspace-based hypertext fiction install help?

letsgotothezoo wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Nov 4 20:42:24 CST 2009

I'm not sure I've figured out what the problem is, but I have something like a solution.  Now to fix my menu item.

I don't get any errors when I run "wine SSREAD.EXE from the commandline inside the VICTORYG directory;  SSREAD doesn't open the Victory Garden data file, but through process of elimination, I've figured out which file to open (VG.SSP).  I guess the menu item in the Gnome menu is trying unsuccessfully to pass the VG.SSP file to SSREAD.EXE.  There appear to be some glitches to fix as far as SSREAD's execution, but I'll follow the appropriate steps of going back through the FAQ and whatnot since I've now gotten to a new step in the process of making this work.  Thanks for your help!

In case someone else out there is dorking on Victory Garden in the future, I'm going to provide the info you asked for, even though I think I've solved my problem.
My ~/.wine/drive_c just has "Program\ Files" and "windows" directories like usual.  My ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files has a subdirectory called "Eastgate" which contains another directory called "VICTORYG."

Inside VICTORYG, there is the executable SSREAD.EXE, two DLLs (_ISREG32.DLL and WIDGETS.DLL), the Victory Garden Icon, an SSP.INI file (which contains information regarding only resolution, titlebar, colors, and such), three *.isu files (DelsL1, Delsl2, Delsl3), VG.SNI, VG.SSP, and _DEISREG.ISR.