[Wine] Re: No CD/DVD ROM securom error in Medieval2: Total War

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Nov 5 11:29:48 CST 2009

Primus wrote:
> Nope winetricks didn't work... :(
> I still get no CD/DVD ROM error by securom.
> Is it because I used iso instead of actual DVD?
>
> I do have original DVDs but for some reason wine eject doesn't work and it demands both DVDs so I changed on in ISO and mounted it virtually. Could that be the case?

Yes, using an iso could be the reason it won't work. It could also be that this game uses a version of Securom that doesn't currently work in Wine. http://wiki.winehq.org/CopyProtection

As for wine eject not working, is the drive mapped as a cd-rom in winecfg, and did you remember to specify what drive to eject when you typed the command?