[Wine] Re: Torchlight

dong wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Nov 5 12:20:58 CST 2009

Allright I did a first test.

The result was that running the game in window-mode intergrates it very well into the desktop-environment. You can alt-tab away from the game and back to it, minimize it and all that stuff.

But there are two problems:
1. The game was running with the setting Fullscreen = 0 and I removed the window-decoration with winecfg but the game did render some windows like window-decoration instead.

2. The gnome-panels! I tried creating a window rule in compiz to set a window with "title=Torchlight" to fullscreen but the game did not react to this at all. Strange enough firefox instead, when showing this thread, did react to the window rule. So the window rule was correct but Torchlight just seems to ignor it.

I am out of ideas for this. If I could find a way to run the game in window-mode while hiding every window-decoration and also hiding the panels as long as torchlight is the active window I would be fine  :)

If someone out there knows how to make this happen, let me know  [Wink]