[Wine] Wine + Net 2.0 + Msi Problems

Asevan wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Nov 6 13:24:33 CST 2009

I want to install/run a particular program on Wine that requires .Net 2.0, and unfortunately the installer is an .msi package. (I cannot get it in any other form.)

I've been having a HELL of a time getting Wine to install .net 2.0 and run without errors. I've been thinking about using an earlier version (1.1.27) which supposedly runs .net with a Gold rating, according to the AppDB, but I can't find the binary installs for it.

Here is where I'm at right now:
I have Wine 1.1.32 installed and appears to be working.
I installed .Net 2.0 more or less successfully, although I've been seeing a lot of errors.
I tried installing the program with the following command: wine msiexec /i '/home/asevan/Desktop/Downloads/install.msi'

The install program runs, and seems to do fine, until this error occurs:

Code:
Runtime Error!

Program: C:\windows\system32\msiexec.exe

R6034
An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly.

Then the installer says it has failed and closes. Here is the terminal output:

Code:
err:process:__wine_kernel_init boot event wait timed out
fixme:advapi:LookupAccountNameW (null) L"asevan" (nil) 0x32f594 (nil) 0x32f598 0x32f58c - stub
fixme:advapi:LookupAccountNameW (null) L"asevan" 0x184f18 0x32f594 0x190dc8 0x32f598 0x32f58c - stub
fixme:msi:msi_unimplemented_action_stub MigrateFeatureStates -> 2 ignored L"Upgrade" table values
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action L"SetODBCFolders"
fixme:msi:msi_unimplemented_action_stub MigrateFeatureStates -> 2 ignored L"Upgrade" table values
fixme:msi:msi_unimplemented_action_stub RemoveExistingProducts -> 2 ignored L"Upgrade" table values
fixme:msi:msi_unimplemented_action_stub RemoveShortcuts -> 1 ignored L"Shortcut" table values
fixme:msi:msi_unimplemented_action_stub RemoveFolders -> 1 ignored L"CreateFolder" table values
fixme:shell:DllCanUnloadNow stub
fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.VC80.CRT" (8.0.50608.0)
fixme:shell:DllCanUnloadNow stub
err:msi:ITERATE_Actions Execution halted, action L"MsiPublishAssemblies" returned 1627
err:msi:ITERATE_Actions Execution halted, action L"ExecuteAction" returned 1627

NOTE: I want to point out that I get the following error often, for some reason:

Code:
err:process:__wine_kernel_init boot event wait timed out

Any idea what's going on? I'm new to all things Linux, so be gentle with me. (At least I know where/what the terminal is, LoL.)