[Wine] Supreme Lag

pikzilla wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Nov 7 22:41:45 CST 2009

Hiya. I switched to Ubuntu a few days back, and have been adjusting to using the Linux equivalents of Windows applications. However, as an aspiring game Dev, there are certain applications which, while not having Ubuntu equivalents, are still needed by me. My solution, of course, was WINE. I'd heard that WINE runs .exes faster than XP, but I have been experiencing the opposite. WINE opens the application okay, but when I want to run a test play of the game I'm building, I get monstrous amounts of lag. There are also other strange issues (I can't use the "clear" color in theSo, what's my best bet for optimizing speed? Should I just create a windows partition, or can I get WINE to work? Also, just a few pieces of background info:
My video card is:
Intel Corporation 82915G/GV/910GL Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 04)
My Ubuntu is 9.10 (when I type 9.10, it feels like saying "divided by zero")