[Wine] Yahoo's Instant messenger...???

tparker tparker at etherstorm.net
Sun Nov 8 07:33:50 CST 2009

On 11/08/2009 06:01 AM, Larry Shields wrote:
> *I am curious if anyone has any versions of Yahoo's Instant messenger
> working...?
>
> I have tried msg9, it comes up ok, but it still seems to have many
> problems...
>
> Thanks for anyone that might have some info on this...

Yahoo Instant Message doesn't work well with Wine. Most people use one
of the Linux native programs that can talk to the IM networks instead.
Pidgin is a popular one and may already be installed on your computer
depending on your distribution. You can tell it the IM account
information for Yahoo (and/or if you have them Google, MSN, and a few
others) and it will connect and work pretty much as if you were using
the regular client.