[Wine] Re: Supreme Lag

DaVince wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Nov 8 11:22:14 CST 2009

>  I'd heard that WINE runs .exes faster than XP

This is likely an exaggeration. There are applications that will run faster under Wine, but this is currently just a small portion (graphics-intensive apps are unlikely to be a part of this) of all applications since Wine currently focuses on compatibility and not speed.

As for getting to know what video cards work best with Linux and Wine, you'd best find and compare forum topics discussing this sort of thing (ubuntuforums has a decent amount of such discussion I believe, but just Google it).