[Wine] Re: Mac OS X Wine installation

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Nov 8 14:06:25 CST 2009

Leoengr205 wrote:
> So I went to the link and it gave me 2 options for getting winetricks
> ... [snip]

you didn't follow the directions close enough.

you don't have to download command line, but if you do, use 'curl' not 'wget'

all you have to do is go and right lcick the link on the wiki (http://www.kegel.com/wine/winetricks) and select "Download Linked File as..." then select where you want it.. it auto saves it for me as "winetricks.sh" which you can run with the sh command easily.. but probably not the best way to.

what I'd suggest is renaming the download (whatever its named, who cares, its standard text) to just "winetricks"
then change it to be an executable file by going to the folder its in and typing...

Code:
chmod 755 winetricks

at that point I just move the winetrick script into my Wine folder in /usr/local ... or whever yours is, so its in the path somewhere, so no matter where you are on command line if you type winetricks, it can find it... then in the future you can do simple stuff like

Code:

winetricks --help
winetricks vcrun2008

... or whatever and use it.... the menu that pops up if you don;t tell it what package to install is HORRID, so... type winetricks --help  to see whats available