[Wine] Re: Sudden problems running Photoshop CS4

vityav wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Nov 9 13:45:10 CST 2009

vitamin wrote:
> BTW how are you working around the install bug 18070?

Honestly I'm not sure why this works, but I use winetricks to install all the basics: msxml6 gdiplus gecko vcrun2005 ie6, then re-install ie6, then open the registry and tell it ie6 is only installed to version 1 and re-install once more, and then the photoshop installer works (a weird route, but I've done it 4 times now and it only works after I've done all of that every time).  I'm not entirely sure what the symptoms are of the 18070 bug but I can complete an install in the same way described in the test results (i.e. lack of radio buttons) so I thought it wouldn't apply to me and haven't added any patches.