[Wine] Re: ubuntu 9.10

maninfrontofpc wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Nov 10 16:06:19 CST 2009

DaVince wrote:
> It's better to follow the instructions on http://www.winehq.org/download/deb . That way you'll always get the latest version through the update manager.

I am having problems installing Wine on Ubuntu 9.10.

I am new to Ubuntu and to Wine. I am not sure if the issues I have are due to me missing/misinterpreting something in the instructions at the link you quoted or because something isn't working.

At the point where it says:
"If you haven't installed Wine yet, go to Applications->Add/Remove and search for Wine or just click this link."

I click the link, send to "apturl" and then install. At this point I get an error saying: Can't apply changes! Fix broken packages first.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated - Step-by-step guide - I am new to both Ubuntu and Wine.

Thanks in advance,
 Man in front of PC (who wishes he was on a tropical island instead)