[Wine] Re: can't run wow since wine 1.1.32

Mudhoney wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Nov 10 18:42:13 CST 2009

i've worked around this by using winecreateprefix to create a new prefix called .wine2 which is 32 bit as it was created by wine.i586.  I've copied my wow files across from .wine, verified they run using

Code:

env WINEPREFIX=~/.wine2 wine ~/.wine2/path_to_wow.exe

then renamed .wine to .wine_old, and renamed .wine2 back to .wine

all works properly now, but I can't help but think there must be some easier way to move the 64 bit prefix to 32 bit.[/code]