[Wine] Storyspace-based hypertext fiction install help?

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Wed Nov 11 10:35:29 CST 2009

On Wed, 2009-11-11 at 10:01 -0600, letsgotothezoo wrote:
> Ok, I can run this guy from the terminal, but I'm not figuring out how to fix the menu item.
>
> In the terminal, I navigate to: /home/USER/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Eastgate/VICTORYG
> then I run:  wine SSREAD.EXE VG.SSP
> and voila!  success.
>
> But I'm having a difficult time getting the menu item to work.  Any suggestions?[/code]

Write a shell script:

#!/bin/bash
cd /home/USER/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Eastgate/VICTORYG
wine SSREAD.EXE VG.SSP

Make it executable, put it somewhere: ~/bin or /usr/local/bin are both
good places, make sure the directory you put it in is on your search
path and edit your menu item so it runs run_ssread

Martin