[Wine] Re: Can Wine be installed in a web server to run a Windows appl?

jpsotta wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Nov 11 14:23:50 CST 2009

Thank you, Martin, to give me some hope !

""
Alternatively, run one or more copies of Windows in virtual machines on
a *nix system and access them remotely via VNC or ssh with X.11
forwarding.
""

- What are those virtual machines used to run copies of Windows? Something similar to Wine ? Specific SW packages simulating PC HW ?

- copies of Windows : as standard Home XP for instance ?

- could this *nix system be the host of my website ?

- my Joomla-based website offers "wrapping" of an iFrame to another application : could this application be the one running on the copie of Windows ? thus forming a bridge for selected users to access this Windows application ?

Is all that too much speculative ?