[Wine] Network Share mounted but still unavailable

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Thu Nov 12 18:17:24 CST 2009

On Thu, 2009-11-12 at 17:08 -0600, mark-e-mark wrote:
> Not sure what happened, but when I awoke the computer from standby, the shares no longer showed up.  The Wine config no longer has /mnt/remote in it .  I ran the list command in .gvfs and see this:
>
> mark at mark-laptop:~/.gvfs$ ls -al
> total 4
> dr-x------  4 mark mark    0 2009-11-12 11:37 .
> drwxr-xr-x 43 mark mark 4096 2009-11-12 16:49 ..
> drwx------  1 mark mark    0 1969-12-31 18:00 cdda mount on sr0
> drwx------  1 mark mark    0 2009-11-11 20:30 sedonashare on sedonaserver
>
> SedonaShare is my server share.  Notepad could access the share earlier, but not now.     :?

Have you defined the file sharing service you use (Samba, NIS, etc) to
start automatically at boot time?

Some services, e.g. network, shut down when the computer is suspended
and are restarted when its woken up. My best guess is that this is
managed by changing the runlevel to less than 3 when the system suspends
and back to normal (5) when it wakes up, so network-related services
that are not defined to start automatically on boot won't be running
after standby has ended.

Martin