[Wine] PGPsdk.dll, KCLNT32.dll, KRBV4W32.dll, plus

James E. Lang jim at lang.hm
Thu Nov 12 21:14:55 CST 2009

I decided to take a different look at Mulberry Mail which has three flavors
(Windows, Mac, and Linux). The Linux version has a few annoyances so I tried
the Windows version on a Linux system using Wine v1.1.19 operating in default
mode (XP?). As far as I got into my experiment, I saw some definite advantages
to using the Windows version but also experienced a crash that appears to be
due to shortcomings in the Wine interface.

Given that there is a native Linux version of this program I doubt that much
effort will, or for that matter, should be put into supporting it with Wine but
I still want to compare features, etc.

I took the following steps in performing my experiment.

1) Download the Windows version of Mulberry Mail to ~/Downloads.Mulberry.exe

2) Execute the downloaded file which installed Mulberry Mail into
~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Mulberry/

3) Execute ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Mulberry/Mulberry.exe answering the
initial typical configuration questions for a mail client. Mulberry Mail
connected to my IMAP server

4) Tweak my preferences a bit more and select my INBOX. This looked quite fine.

5) Try to compose a new message. Mulberry Mail immediately threw an Unhandled
Exception. Restarting  the execution of the installed Mulberry.exe results in a
repeat of this crash after a very short initialization pause. I can remove the
sub-directory for this application from directory
~/.wine/drive_c/windows/profiles/myuser/Application Data/ which will probably
permit me to experiment further with this application.

For what it's worth, here is the Unhandled Exception notice:

  Unhandled exception: c0000005
  At address    006f9e2f

  Saved 1 Drafts for recovery

  CrashDump.txt file written to:
  C:\Program Files\Mulberry\CrashDump.txt

I have file CrashDump.txt with data from several of these crashes. I don't
believe this list would be interested in that data but I can supply it on an
individually requested basis as an attachment. Instead, I present the Wine
console log from my latest session down below. I believe the three dll files
that were not found (PGPsdk.dll, KCLNT32.dll, and KRBV4W32.dll) are the
critical items though the class(es) "not registered" and maybe the
fixme:msg:pack_message "not supported yet" may also be important.

err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {96749377-3391-11d2-9ee3-00c04f797396} not
registered
err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {96749377-3391-11d2-9ee3-00c04f797396} not
registered
err:ole:create_server class {96749377-3391-11d2-9ee3-00c04f797396} not
registered
err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {96749377-3391-11d2-9ee3-00c04f797396}
could be created for context 0x7
err:module:import_dll Library PGPsdk.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program
Files\\Mulberry\\Plug-ins\\PGP8.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library KCLNT32.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program
Files\\Mulberry\\Plug-ins\\Kerberos.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library KRBV4W32.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program
Files\\Mulberry\\Plug-ins\\Kerberos.dll") not found
fixme:win:LockWindowUpdate (0x30038), partial stub!
fixme:win:LockWindowUpdate ((nil)), partial stub!
fixme:win:LockWindowUpdate (0x30038), partial stub!
fixme:win:LockWindowUpdate ((nil)), partial stub!
fixme:richedit:ME_HandleMessage WM_STYLECHANGING: stub
fixme:richedit:ME_HandleMessage WM_STYLECHANGED: stub
fixme:richedit:ME_HandleMessage WM_STYLECHANGING: stub
fixme:richedit:ME_HandleMessage WM_STYLECHANGED: stub
fixme:richedit:ME_HandleMessage WM_STYLECHANGING: stub
fixme:richedit:ME_HandleMessage WM_STYLECHANGED: stub
fixme:richedit:ME_HandleMessage WM_STYLECHANGING: stub
fixme:richedit:ME_HandleMessage WM_STYLECHANGED: stub
fixme:richedit:ME_HandleMessage WM_STYLECHANGING: stub
fixme:richedit:ME_HandleMessage WM_STYLECHANGED: stub
fixme:richedit:ME_HandleMessage WM_STYLECHANGING: stub
fixme:richedit:ME_HandleMessage WM_STYLECHANGED: stub
fixme:richedit:ME_HandleMessage WM_STYLECHANGING: stub
fixme:richedit:ME_HandleMessage WM_STYLECHANGED: stub
fixme:richedit:ME_HandleMessage WM_STYLECHANGING: stub
fixme:richedit:ME_HandleMessage WM_STYLECHANGED: stub
fixme:msg:pack_message msg 14 (WM_ERASEBKGND) not supported yet
fixme:msg:pack_message msg 14 (WM_ERASEBKGND) not supported yet
fixme:win:LockWindowUpdate (0x3003a), partial stub!
[...]
fixme:richedit:ITextDocument_fnRange stub 0xf4a828
fixme:richedit:ITextDocument_fnRange stub 0xf4a828

INDIRECTLY RELATED TOPIC: What would I need to do to revert to Wine version
1.1.19 if, after I try a newer version of Wine, I find that it doesn't work for
one of my more important applications?

--
Jim