[Wine] Re: upgrade wine

DaVince wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Nov 14 08:53:43 CST 2009

I get the feeling you didn't actually compile 1.1.32, but just retreived the already compiled version from your distro's package repository... I'm guessing "removed all" in this case removing that package.

If you really compiled before, "make uninstall" is a special command for Wine's make file that removes everything of a globally installed ("make install") Wine (except for maybe ~/.wine since that's user configuration). Removing files by hand is a LOT less convenient than doing a make uninstall.