[Wine] Suddenly cannot change audio driver

blackcoatman wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Nov 15 07:05:35 CST 2009

Hello everyone

For some reason, I can't change my audio driver in winecfg. It gives me the options for Alsa, OSS, Jack and NAT, but it's stuck to Jack. Whatever I click, it just doesn't do a thing. I used to be able to choose anything else, even if it didn't work. I don't want to use Jack for Wine anymore, because it's kind of heavy, consuming resources (game framerate suffers some loss when Jack is enabled). I want to try to make Alsa work. But I simply can't select it.

Right now I'm using wine 1.1.33 on Karmic Koala, built by myself (added the mouse patch for Aion Online). The problem started while I was using 1.1.32, but not sure under what circumstances.

Any help welcome
C u