[Wine] Letters like ???????????? :(

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 15 19:52:32 CST 2009

vitamin wrote:
> Bazilisk wrote:
>
>> I have English as default in my system. Russian as second lang works Ok. But then I start program under Wine - I can not use Russian. May be I can fix it?
>>

> No, Wine does not support multiple locales at the same time.
>

> Bazilisk wrote:
>
>> Previous advices with LANG...wine program can not decide problem. I can work only with English letters.
>>

> It should, that's what broken in your O/S.

Vitamin:

Bazilisk will have to switch to the Russian language BEFORE invoking the
program.  I suspect s/he is using MacOSX and it is as easy as selecting
the language from the Apple menu bar.  After starting the program, the
language should be able to be switched back to English in the same manner.

If I'm incorrect, my apologies in advance.

doh123:

Have you tried this with your Wine builds?

James McKenzie