[Wine] Re: Correct usage of winebrowser to launch files

Dominus wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Nov 15 21:22:54 CST 2009

vitamin wrote:

> Dominus wrote:
> > I'm having problems with winebrowser
>
> Then don't use it. It has issues. Just use a script shown in the second example.

Why such a harsh reply? Thanks, but my post wasn't aimed at that.
The FAQ doesn't mention issues of winebrowser and when I encountered the # issue I searched the bug tracker and only found the other issues of winebrowser. So I submitted the bug report and got the reply (at first) that I was using winebrowser wrong. But when the issue stayed even when I was following the FAQ to the letter, I posted here to learn whether
- I was doing something wrong
- the FAQ entry is wrong
- there is a bug

And yes, instead of submitting a bug and/or posting here, I could have just moved on and used the script way. But I wanted to clear this up and most importantly, make sure whether this is a bug and if it is whether the devs know about it.
Up to now this was the prefered way of doing things in other open source projects, please let me know if this is the wrong way of doing things here.

I do admit, that it was most likely considered rude that I posted here after replying on the bug tracker, but I wasn't sure whether I should really press the issue in a rejected bug report.

As it turns out, the bug has now been reopened.