[Wine] Lotus Notes Crashes while opening with 64 bit wine

nsridhar22 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Nov 17 03:24:52 CST 2009

Hello,

I was working with Lotus Notes 7.0 and wine 0.9.59 satisfactorily on OpenSuse 10.3 64 bit, after some initial problems in installing the same which was sorted out thanks to the excellent support from this forum last year. (Refer http://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?p=3442&sid=c19cc4b73169b747ecf784151a9085cd)

Now I have installed the latest 64bit version of OpenSuse 11.2 and it has wine 1.1.28. I carried out the installation of Lotus Notes after running winetricks gecko and winetricks vcrun2005.

The output on my console looks as follows

> [...]
> --2009-11-17 12:30:47--  http://download.microsoft.com/download/d/3/4/d342efa6-3266-4157-a2ec-5174867be706/vcredist_x86.exe
> Connecting to 10.29.48.8:8080... connected.
> Proxy request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
> Length: 2686232 (2.6M) [application/octet-stream]
> Saving to: `vcredist_x86.exe'
>
> 100%[====================================================================================>] 2,686,232   99.2K/s   in 47s
>
> 2009-11-17 12:31:39 (55.5 KB/s) - `vcredist_x86.exe' saved [2686232/2686232]
>
> Executing wine /home/nsridhar/.winetrickscache/vcrun2005/vcredist_x86.exe
> fixme:advapi:DecryptFileA "C:\\windows\\temp\\IXP000.TMP\\" 00000000
> fixme:advapi:DecryptFileA "C:\\windows\\temp\\IXP001.TMP\\" 00000000
> fixme:advapi:LookupAccountNameW (null) L"nsridhar" (nil) 0x33f7f4 (nil) 0x33f7f8 0x33f7ec - stub
> fixme:advapi:LookupAccountNameW (null) L"nsridhar" 0x162788 0x33f7f4 0x162140 0x33f7f8 0x33f7ec - stub
> fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action L"SetODBCFolders"
> fixme:msi:msi_unimplemented_action_stub MsiUnpublishAssemblies -> 10 ignored L"MsiAssembly" table values
> fixme:mscoree:LoadLibraryShim (0x7ee43b2c L"fusion.dll", (nil), (nil), 0x33f86c): semi-stub
> Install of vcrun2005 done
> winetricks done.
> nsridhar at AE-L-PSP056:~> wine /windows/D/home/nsridhar/utilities/IBM.Lotus.Notes.v7.0.Client.with.Designer.and.Admin-SCOTCH/setup.exe
> fixme:advapi:LookupAccountNameW (null) L"nsridhar" (nil) 0x33f7f4 (nil) 0x33f7f8 0x33f7ec - stub
> fixme:advapi:LookupAccountNameW (null) L"nsridhar" 0x162a58 0x33f7f4 0x162f38 0x33f7f8 0x33f7ec - stub
> fixme:msi:msi_unimplemented_action_stub MigrateFeatureStates -> 61 ignored L"Upgrade" table values
> nsridhar at AE-L-PSP056:~> err:msi:msi_dialog_maskedit_control mask template is empty
> fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action L"SetODBCFolders"
> fixme:msi:msi_unimplemented_action_stub MigrateFeatureStates -> 120 ignored L"Upgrade" table values
> fixme:msi:msi_unimplemented_action_stub RemoveExistingProducts -> 120 ignored L"Upgrade" table values
> fixme:msi:msi_unimplemented_action_stub DeleteServices -> 2 ignored L"ServiceControl" table values
> fixme:msi:msi_unimplemented_action_stub RemoveRegistryValues -> 2 ignored L"RemoveRegistry" table values
> fixme:msi:msi_unimplemented_action_stub UnregisterProgIdInfo -> 6 ignored L"ProgId" table values
> fixme:msi:msi_unimplemented_action_stub RemoveFolders -> 10 ignored L"CreateFolder" table values
> fixme:msi:ITERATE_CreateShortcuts poorly handled shortcut format, advertised shortcut
> fixme:msi:ITERATE_CreateShortcuts poorly handled shortcut format, advertised shortcut
> fixme:shell:DllCanUnloadNow stub
> fixme:mscoree:LoadLibraryShim (0x7ee43b2c L"fusion.dll", (nil), (nil), 0x33f86c): semi-stub

The console did not return to the $ prompt, however, it created shortcut icons on my desktop for starting the program. When i click enter on the console, it comes back to $ prompt.

I disabled all the ports except TCPIP in the notes.ini file under the wine directroy. When i click on the icon, the Lotus Notes initial run program starts and while trying to connect to the server, it crashes.

I tried to start the program from console and received the same response and the following is the console output.

> nsridhar at AE-L-PSP056:~> wine .wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/lotus/notes/notes.exe
> DbFree: Freeing already-deallocated storage in C:\Program Files\lotus\notes\data\Cache.NDK (Pos=532, Size=256)!
>
> 11/17/2009 01:05:41 PM  Lotus Notes client started
> nsridhar at AE-L-PSP056:~> fixme:netapi32:NetUserEnum ((null),20, 0x2,0x33eeac,-1,0x33eeb8,0x33f0c8,0x33eeb4) stub!
> fixme:ntdll:NtQuerySystemInformation info_class SYSTEM_HANDLE_INFORMATION
> fixme:ntdll:NtQuerySystemInformation info_class SYSTEM_HANDLE_INFORMATION
> fixme:ntdll:NtQueryObject Unsupported information class 1
> fixme:ntdll:NtQueryObject Unsupported information class 1

I have screenshots of the LotusNotes screen windows when it starts up. I notice that the Lotus Notes crashes when trying to contact the server each time. I tried removing .wine folders and repeating the steps gives me the same error each time.

Do i need to load something additionally or make some setting anywhere to avoid the crash.

Regards

N. Sridhar