[Wine] Putting the c drive on an external drive

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Tue Nov 17 13:15:12 CST 2009

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 20:58, douglas <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Thanks dimesio, I'm getting there.
> Got the wine config menu shortcut working. So once that was done I downloaded steam and right-clicked on it and opened it with the wine programs loader. And the damn thing still insisted on installing to my internal drive.
You should load the installer from the command-line after exporting
the variable. (The variable only changes for that process and its
children if you are wondering...)

Another issue:
Check that the external drive in not formatted as NTFS / FAT32, their
drivers doesn't (or at least didn't, not sure if it might have
changed) support everything that Wine needs...