[Wine] New Install Issue

DarKnightVIII wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Nov 17 23:42:58 CST 2009

Hello and thanks for taking the time to help me out.

I'm trying to do a new Wine install and at first I went with the Universal install from "Ubuntu Software Center".  I then realized it wasn't the most up to date version in there, and so I tried to do an install from the Wine website.

Followed the instructions on Ubuntu 9.10 install, but for some reason, it's not there.

> Open the Software Sources menu by going to System->Administration->Software Sources. Then select the Third Party Software tab and click Add.
> For Ubuntu Karmic (9.10):
> ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa
> Click close to finish, and then reload the package information when prompted.

Did the above...but for some reason I can't find anything.  Even did a system restart to make sure it was installed and ready to go.  I'm new to Ubuntu/Wine; easy jump since I was using Windows Vista 32 bit Home Basic (hated it).

Help?  :)  TY