[Wine] Putting the c drive on an external drive

spedrosa at gmail.com spedrosa at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 08:50:08 CST 2009

On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 8:43 AM, douglas <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

> Basically all I want to do is install all my applications onto my external
> drive. I have tried deleting the .wine folder and it just reappears, I have
> tried changing the drives in winecfg but it won't let me alter the c drive.
> I have tried using autodetect and it doesn't even see my external drive, it
> just brings up the c drive, the z drive, my cd drive and internal disk.
>
> So can anyone help with what I presumed would be an easy task?

Do you need a whole new wineprefix? Because if you don't mind having .wine
residing in your home folder, you could just create a new drive, pointing to
the external one.

Run winecfg to create the drive.

--Stephen

programmer, n:
       A red eyed, mumbling mammal capable of conversing with inanimate
monsters.