[Wine] Re: Putting the c drive on an external drive

douglas wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Nov 18 09:47:58 CST 2009

Sorry dimesio I actually didn't see your post there

So I used cd to get to my desktop. However it still isn't doing much:

Code:
douglas at douglas-laptop:~$ cd /home/douglas/Desktop
douglas at douglas-laptop:~/Desktop$ dir
Application_Form.doc  PoliceStaff_App_Form_v3.5_e.pdf
Job\ Centre.doc       SteamInstall.msi
douglas at douglas-laptop:~/Desktop$ wine msiexec /i SteamInstall.msi
Warning: could not find DOS drive for current working directory '/home/douglas/Desktop', starting in the Windows directory.
err:msi:copy_package_to_temp failed to copy package L"SteamInstall.msi"
fixme:msi:MSI_OpenDatabaseW open failed r = 80030002 for L"SteamInstall.msi"
douglas at douglas-laptop:~/Desktop$ wine start SteamInstall.msi
Warning: could not find DOS drive for current working directory '/home/douglas/Desktop', starting in the Windows directory.
fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000500
Application could not be started, or no application associated with the specified file.
ShellExecuteEx failed: File not found

douglas at douglas-laptop:~/Desktop$ wine msiexec SteamInstall.msi
Warning: could not find DOS drive for current working directory '/home/douglas/Desktop', starting in the Windows directory.
Usage:
  Install a product:
    msiexec {package|productcode} [property]
    msiexec /i {package|productcode} [property]
    msiexec /a package [property]
  Repair an installation:
    msiexec /f[p|o|e|d|c|a|u|m|s|v] {package|productcode}
  Uninstall a product:
    msiexec /x {package|productcode} [property]
  Advertise a product:
    msiexec /j[u|m] package [/t transform] [/g languageid]
    msiexec {u|m} package [/t transform] [/g languageid]
  Apply a patch:
    msiexec /p patchpackage [property]
    msiexec /p patchpackage /a package [property]
  Modifiers for above operations:
    msiexec /l[*][i|w|e|a|r|u|c|m|o|p|v|][+|!] logfile
    msiexec /q{|n|b|r|f|n+|b+|b-}
  Register a module:
    msiexec /y module
  Unregister a module:
    msiexec /z module
  Display usage and copyright:
    msiexec {/h|/?}
NOTE: Product code on commandline unimplemented as of yet

Copyright 2004 Vincent Býron

I have my .bashrc set as instructed.