[Wine] Question, on lib/wine sizes...

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Nov 19 10:26:13 CST 2009

I've been doing Mac OS X 10.5 and 10.6 compatible wine builds on a 10.5 machine... I want to get it working and portable including 10.4 machines.... so... I set up a 10.4 machine to do all my builds from.  The issue is....

When building on 10.5 or 10.6, the lib/wine files are all slightly smaller, and total up to around 80mb.  doing the same build options on on OSX 10.4, every file is slightly larger, and total up to about 150mb.  What could possibly cause this?  I looked at the Wine builds that supposedly work on 10.4 in WineBottler and they are smaller files there too, just like my 10.5 and 10.6 builds... compiling Wine the same way on both.. stock unpatched wine with ./configure --disable-win16.  Why would all the files in lib/wine need to be almost double the size?