[Wine] Wine relationship with Chrome OS

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Thu Nov 19 17:06:30 CST 2009

On Thu, 2009-11-19 at 16:32 -0600, DaVince wrote:
> I tried the Chrome beta today, it seems to be based off of OpenSUSE,
> including the package repositories, and is pretty stable so far.
>
> I haven't checked if it's in the repos, but it doesn't look like think
> Wine will have any problems running on Chrome OS.

Looks like the Chrome OS is meant to be a locked box, though: no
writable file system apart from the cloud and only support for
browser-based applications, so presumably no X-server. Here's what The
Register has to say about it:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/11/19/google_chrome_os_unveiled/

Martin