[Wine] Re: Explain to me how I do not need root?

Skaught wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Nov 20 16:08:02 CST 2009

Truth is, even if I wanted to run it as root I would not have the first idea of how.

What is?
setuid bit
appdb
selinux
apparmor
LSM
.getcap
CAP_NET_ADMIN
setcap

At various points ppl have said how straightforward it is.  All I have seen is jargon and disagreement.

Am I out of line in trying to run a little program on Ubuntu without having spent the last 5 years of my life sequestered in my basement reading source code and faqs?

I googled lots of things over several hours relating to my issue and found no docs or guides on how to run ping plotter on wine.