[Wine] Re: 1.0.1 vs 1.1.32

zil wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Nov 21 10:08:44 CST 2009

> @Thunderbird
>  This means that when we add support for new OpenGL extensions and when we optimize code we also improve support for older Direct3D versions. This doesn't happen on Windows.

That makes sense.

When i bought new computer parts i rather want to buy better graphic card (averange and cheap but Crysis in full details work great)  then CPU because good games use GPU. So my benchmarks in 3DMArks was very similar to official even if they were using better CPUs.

So my question is:
If Wine use CPU to change DirectX calls to OpenGL. So my bad Wine results might be because my CPU is crap and it slows down the benchmark?