[Wine] Trouble with libgsm on Mac OS X 10.6.2

frankgrimes97 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Nov 21 15:17:20 CST 2009

Hi All,

I'm trying to get Dungeons and Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited working on my MacBook Pro.
The current problem I'm hitting while trying to launch the game is that it seems to require the GSM library.

I successfully built Wine 1.1.33 using the instructions on the Wiki.
I also compiled gsm-1.0.13 from sources, which produced a libgsm.a file which contains a bunch of .so files.

I then ran the following to create a Mac OS X dynamic library (.dylib):

Code:
gcc -arch i386 -dynamiclib -o libgsm.dylib -dylib add.o code.o debug.o decode.o gsm_create.o gsm_decode.o gsm_destroy.o gsm_encode.o gsm_explode.o gsm_implode.o gsm_option.o gsm_print.o long_term.o lpc.o preprocess.o rpe.o short_term.o table.o

As far as I can tell, this successfully create a 32-bit dynamic library as reported by the following command:

Code:
> file libgsm.dylib
libgsm.dylib: Mach-O dynamically linked shared library i386

I then copied the dynamic library to /usr/lib and the header files to /usr/include.

Wine then successfully built with the --with-gsm option.

However, the following problem occurs at runtime:

Code:

err:gsm:GSM_drvLoad Couldn't load 	libgsm.dylib (compatibility version 0.0.0, current version 0.0.0): dlopen(	libgsm.dylib (compatibility version 0.0.0, current version 0.0.0), 258): image not found

Note that I am setting DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/X11/lib:/usr/lib" when launching Wine as indicated on the Wiki.

Anybody got any tips for me as to what step I might have missed here?

Thanks,

Frank Grimes