[Wine] Re: Wine for mission-critical application

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Nov 22 16:26:41 CST 2009

ELCouz wrote:
> I don't know whats broken , having issues or not fully implemented on wine.
>
> Perhaps you have a list? that would be great!

The list of known issues is - list of open bugs in bugzilla. Because the are LOTS of individual pieces in Windows it's impossible to have a list of what's implemented and what's not implemented.

ELCouz wrote:
> -I need an access to the serial port of the computer (real-time).

You need to test this first. Wine still have some issues with serial ports. And some users reported some incompatibilities between Windows' and Linux's serial port implementations that Wine can't work around.

ELCouz wrote:
> -The app is also an custom HTTP server using winsocks (at peak maybe 100 connections).
> -The apps rely heavily on threads.

Shouldn't be a problem but specifics needs to be tested. Some apps' bugs being exposed by Wine because of subtle differences in the way things work on Linux vs Windows.

winedbg for debugger and lots of debug logging via debug channels: http://wiki.winehq.org/DebugChannels