[Wine] noob just needing to understand work-around

itilious wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Nov 24 02:54:01 CST 2009

I'm trying to install utorrent 1.8.5 and I see I need to follow these instructions to work around the installation loop issue:
[url]
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=11113&iTestingId=46397[/url]

> The easiest way to run around this is to update your desktop link files / shortcuts to 'Exec=env WINEPREFIX="/home/mycomputer/.wine" wine "C:\\Program Files\\uTorrent\\uTorrent.exe" /NOINSTALL' or similar. Just include the "/NOINSTALL" option in link or command line argument.

My problem is I'm too new to the linux scene to understand exactly what I need to do to get this version of utorrent installed via wine and working

Any help is GREATLY appreciated :)