[Wine] Burning to blank dvd in DVD Fab

mpatrick wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Nov 24 05:35:20 CST 2009

Hi,

I can run DVD Fab 5 through wine fine, but I cannot write to my DVD burner when I put in a blank DVD. It will not even list it, although it will list it when I put in a DVD movie.

I can see why, as when it is a blank media, then Ubuntu does not mount it, so therefore Wine cannot map a drive to the mounted path.

I have used winecfg to detect drives etc.

I have been researching on this problem/tearing my hair out for a few days now and it looks like this is just not possible, but my last try is to see if anyone else has any answers, but it looks like it is just not possible.

I guess I will probably have to stick with using DVDFab to burn to the hard drive and then manually burn to a DVD disk using K3b

However if anyone has any workaround then I would be grateful.

I am a newbie to Ubuntu, but am a power user in windows.

Kind regards

Michael