[Wine] Re: DVDFab Platinum

vrr wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Nov 27 17:50:54 CST 2009

austin987 wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 2:37 PM, Confuzzeled23
> <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>
> > This is a program that I use to backup my DVD's and also to convert them to usable formats for iPod's etc. I haven't been able to find a comparable program as good as this one. So, I was hoping I could try to get it to work under the Mac OS X.
> > So, if there is anyone who knows how to install this, it would be greatly appreciated, as I have never used Wine and I am a brand new user to the Mac OS.
> > Thanks.
> >

> Works great under Ubuntu.
>
> --
> -Austin

I'm running Ubuntu 9.10 on a USB-HDD 16 GB partition.
I just installed Wine 1.1.33
and DVDFab 6.2.0.5 when I tried to backup a DVD it stated that there wasn't enough room.

So I created a 100 GB 'data' partition and mounted it as V:\ but I still get a 'not enough room' message.

it looks like Wine installed on the 16GB partition
and DVDFab also installed on the 16GB partition
[Question] could it be that DVDFab needs more space even though I'm saving the rip to a 100 GB partition?

[Question] Is it possible to install Wine and DVDFab on the 'data' partition while leaving Ubuntu alone on the 16 GB partition?

TIA