[Wine] How to achieve Japanese localization on Mac OSX?

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 27 18:43:05 CST 2009

vitamin wrote:
> DaVince wrote:
>
>> Have you tried running this?
>> LANG=ja_JP.utf8 wine program.exe
>>
>> I believe that someone mentioned earlier that this might not work under OSX, but I'm not sure so it's worth a shot.
>>

> It doesn't work on OSX. The system's locale needs to be set to whatever user wants.

I think I know what the OP wants:

The Mac is set to something like American English.

The program to be displayed is Japanese.

I do think this is doable, but the appropriate variables have to be set
before running Wine, just like you do in Linux (or any other UNIX for
that matter).

Davince may be correct in the running, but I don't have a Japanese
program to test this with.

James McKenzie