[Wine] Wine has lost sound on Kubuntu 9.10

Lisi lisi.reisz at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 14:22:02 CST 2009

On Saturday 28 November 2009 19:53:49 vitamin wrote:
> Lisi wrote:
> > Help!  What should I look at?  It was working well - and suddenly it
> > isn't.
>
> Get rid of pulseaudio - it's a known problem with it when sound just
> suddenly stops. See sticky post about it.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm running phonon with ALSA, not pulseaudio.
I was warned re other applications that introducing pulseaudio might cause
problems.  (I believe that Ubuntu uses pulseaudio, but Kubuntu doesn't and
one of the first things I checked was that pulseaudio was still not running.)

I also reran winecfg, having renamed .wine.

Lisi